Steven Heimberg, M.D.
Steven Heimberg has over 30 years’ experience in practicing law, primarily in catastrophic personal injury and medical malpractice cases. What makes him unique is not only his law expertise, but also the fact that he is a physician. As such, he understands the extraordinary needs of his disabled clients; is better able to understand and analyze your medical records and the facts of your case; is better able to obtain and prepare the best experts for your case; and is much better equipped to oppose the opposition's strategy and medical experts. This combination of knowledge and practice creates the ideal lawyer to represent you in a personal injury or medical malpractice case. It is little wonder he is rated among the very best spinal injury lawyers, not only in Los Angeles but in the entire nation.
Medical and Law background
Graduating with honors during much of his medical curriculum, Dr. Heimberg then received post-graduate medical training at the prestigious Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
After attending the University of California at Los Angeles School of Law, where he was a member of UCLA’s Law Review, Dr. Heimberg was admitted to the Washington, DC Bar in 1984 and the State Bar of California in 1987.
Before starting his own practice in Los Angeles, he gained many years of experience in Washington, D.C. as a health-law attorney. In addition, he served as a special assistant to the Assistant Secretary of the United States Department of Health and Human Services.
Dr. Heimberg is renowned in the legal community, being bestowed such tributes and honors as:
- BEST LAWYERS® - LAWYER OF THE YEAR 2016 – Medical Malpractice Law
- US NEWS BEST LAWYERS BEST LAW FIRMS 2015 - Personal Injury Litigation Tier 1
- US NEWS BEST LAWYERS BEST LAW FIRMS 2015 – Medical Malpractice Law Tier 1
- LOS ANGELES TRIAL LAWYER OF THE YEAR (Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles, 2002. Nominated 9 of last 20 years; can only accept once.)
- Top 100 CALIFORNIA TRIAL LAWYER for 6 consecutive years (National Trial Lawyer’s Association)
- TOP 100 SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA SUPER LAWYERS for 7 consecutive years (Super Lawyers Magazine, Los Angeles Magazine, 2007-2012, 2015)
- APPELLATE LAWYER OF THE YEAR, nominee (Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles, 2004)
- SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA SUPER LAWYERS (2005 – 2012)
- AV PREEMINENT - Highest Possible Rating in Both Legal Ability & Ethical Standards
- 3,000 LEADING LAWYERS IN AMERICA (Lawdragon)
- TOP 500 LEADING LITIGATOR IN AMERICA (Lawdragon)
- TOP 500 PLAINTIFFS' ATTORNEYS IN AMERICA (Lawdragon)
- Rated "10" attorney by AVVO
As a note of importance, Dr. Heimberg is the only medical doctor to have ever been awarded Consumer Attorneys' Los Angeles Trial Lawyer of the Year.
Record breaking results
Through his many years and countless cases, Dr. Heimberg has made it his passion and duty to get the best outcome possible. In working towards this end, he has broken multiple personal injury records, making him among the best spinal injury lawyer Los Angeles has available.
- Highest Medical Verdict Ever Paid in California
- Highest Medical Verdict Ever Paid in Los Angeles County
- Highest Medical Verdict Ever Paid in Ventura County
- Highest Medical Settlement Ever Paid in California
- Highest Medical Settlement Ever Paid in Los Angeles County
- Highest Medical Settlement Ever Paid in Riverside County
- Highest Medical Settlement Ever Paid in Kern County
- Highest Personal Injury Verdict Ever Paid in Santa Barbara
- Responsible for Numerous Changes in the Law in Favor of Injured victims
These honors and records mean one thing: he is here for you to get the most you can from your case and will work tirelessly to achieve the best outcome possible.
Schedule a consultation
Please call our office to schedule a consultation to see how we can help you. Get the best spinal cord injury lawyer Los Angeles has on your side.